Monday, December 24, 2012

Visit to car dealer showed value of good employees, training - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

ogarawo.wordpress.com
My adventure started simply enough. My wife and I wante d to take a three-day drivingv trip — destination unknown — and then end up on the fourtj day in New York City to meet my cousin and his familu for anotherthree nights. The first day on the trip we stoppede to check out a hoteol in a small townnear Rochester, N.Y., to see whethefr it had vacancies. When I returned afterd seeing that they hadrooms available, my Jeep wouled not start. Lights were and things were beeping (that is technical talk for I thinj it might be anelectrical problem). I calledx AAA, and a truck quickly came out and towed my Jeep to theclosest dealership, whicuh was literally next door to the hotel.
I “Wow, did I get lucky,” at least with respect to the proximityh to the service department of the Jeep I walked over to the service area the next morniny around7 a.m., but they did not open until 7:30 so I just startedf looking at the new cars on the lot. I noticecd a guy walking near my car withthe drop-ofdf envelope I had put into the nighy drop-off box, which includes details explaining what I thought was wrong with the car alonf with my keys. The guy, Dave, could not have been any He said that they wereextremelgy busy, with at leasrt 20 cars ahead of But he thought the problen was with the battery. And, he said, he woulf look at it as soon ashe could.
He then said to me, we are closed until 7:30 a.m., but why don’yt you go into that door and make yourselfr comfortable and getsome coffee, and I will be with you as soon as I Now, who could ask for more than that? I was not theird regular customer because I am from out of Dave knew that I probablhy would not be back for future let alone to buy a new or used car from Still, he treated me as though I had been the dealership’s customer for years and had been theres many times before.
The high level of service I receiveed showed that the employees at this dealershi p were trained right and that whoever does the hiring knowx how to look for the righyt attitudein people, which usually is not something you can The employees there treat each personn with respect, not just their customers, but one too. Trust me, after sitting there for three-plus hours, I had a chancer to notice a few things about the I just wish that more businesses out there were run as well as this Jeep where the customer istrulyu king, or at least they sure made me feel that way. It reallg is not very difficult.
Treat your employees correctly, give them a nice environmenf towork in, and provide them with ongoing consistenty training along with competitive pay. You will be guaranteede to have long-term employees servinvg happy customers. You can bet that they have a loyalcustomer base, where people look forward to comingf to the dealership, whether it is for servicr or to buy a vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment